Bridgnorth floods again in 2021 affecting properties on Severnside, Severn Terrace, Riverside and local caravan parks.
The river peaked in Bridgnorth at 5.15m on Saturday morning, 23/01/21
The flood warning Information service had 71 flood warnings and 89 flood alerts across England on the 24th of January 2021.
Residents from Severn Terrace have only just finished renovating their properties from the last floods.
The Boatyard submerged in water which was also fully renovated from last years floods.
Incident response staff are liaising with emergency services.
Despite the Bridgnorth floods again in 2021 causing so much disruption and damage it hasn’t stop the Bridgnorth community from getting together and helping Out.
The Falcon Hotel in lowtown is providing emergency accommodation and members of the Pubic are assisting too.
Melanie Bumble from Bridgnorth is accepting and distributing donations aswell as assisting with temporary accommodations.
She is also working alongside emergency services for Shropshire Council and Foodbank and has B&B rooms available too, she can also provide a safe place for pets.
You can contact her on : 07947802245
- Food parcels available.
- Other donations available.
- Drive ways available to keep your car safe.
- Washing machine available.
- Hot food available from a butchers
- For the vulnerable people due to covid19 restrictions this applies to you too if you need assistance if you can’t get out or self isilating or have no family close by to accommodate your needs.
- You can also contact her if you are alone and are feeling down or just need to speak to another person.
Lisa Delmar from Bridgnorth (Highley) runs a Community Shed.
- Baby supplies
and much more.
There is also Bridgnorth Foodbank and Mutual Aid, see bellow links.
You can also find them on the Facebook group Bridgnorth News & Views where they are liaising with other members (Residents).
Avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses and avoid contact with flood water.